Tuesday, 9 July 2013

An Interview With Sarah Louise Smith, Author Of Izzy's Cold Feet




Today I’m interviewing chick-lit writer Sarah Louise Smith. Welcome Sarah, and thanks for joining me today.

Thanks for having me!

Tell us about your latest novel.

Izzy has had a troubled life so far; her sister is missing and she's seen her fair share of heartache. At the start of the novel, she is about to get married to Greg, but she's not sure if she really loves him. She keeps thinking about her ex-boyfriends, and takes the reader on a journey through her past, analysing each relationship and how it went wrong. To complicate matters and confuse her even further, each of her past loves turns up in the week leading up to the wedding and Izzy must decide which man she loves the most.

Tell us a bit about Izzy...

Izzy is the sort of person who likes to be organised and plan ahead. She over-thinks and analyses a bit too much. She's also a very caring person, she loves to cook and she thinks a lot about her missing sister.

How do you go about writing a novel? Can you tell us about your writing process?

I am quite slow to get started, but once I do, I'm quite a fast writer. I think about it for quite a while, then write lots of notes, then finally sit down and try to get it all typed up!

What do you enjoy most about being a writer?

The best thing so far is hearing from readers who enjoyed my first novel, Amy & Zach. It's so nice to get lovely comments and feedback, it makes the hard work feel worthwhile...

What do you like most about the chick-lit genre?

When I read, I want some happy escapism. I am not really looking for anything too complicated or scary in a book. I want a feel-good, relatively easy read, with some comedy and romance, something that makes me smile at the end!

Do you have a favourite author?

My favourite chick-lit author is Paige Toon. Her novels are past-faced, funny, sad, romantic, happy, realistic with some fabulous characters. I'm also a really big Jane Austen fan, Pride and Prejudice is my favourite novel of all time and I read it again and again.

Thanks so much for having me, Alissa :)



About Sarah Louise Smith
Sarah Louise Smith lives in Milton Keynes, UK, with her husband, two cute cats and a loopy golden retriever. She has an extremely lovely step-daughter and spends most of her free time writing, reading, cooking, and taking long walks.

She’s the author of two chick-lit novels: Amy & Zach and Izzy’s Cold Feet, both published by Crooked Cat. Read Sarah’s blog at: www.sarahlouisesmith.com.

Blurb – Izzy’s Cold Feet
One bride to be. Three ex-boyfriends.

Izzy is engaged to Greg, who is everything a girl could want.
The trouble is – all she can think about is the men she loved before she met him: sexy Ewan, the first love of her life; dependable Jason, who loved her more than she deserved; and irresistible Dexter, who broke her heart…

Then there’s the fact that her sister has been missing since Izzy was twelve. After such a traumatic childhood all Izzy wants is a normal, happy, settled life, but love is never simple.
In the week leading up to her wedding day, Izzy is forced to ask herself who she loves the most. And, given the choice, who would she want to spend her life with?

Links:

You can purchase the paperback or e-versions from all the usual online book sellers.

Amazon UK   
Amazon US    

Sarah Twitter        
Sarah Facebook   
 
Where to find Amy & Zach
Amazon UK


2 comments: