1. What is your working title/title of your book?
The Blog Affair
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I’m interested in how technology has changed the way we communicate with each other. On the one hand, social media is a very open platform where people often reveal intimate details of their lives. There is also a more secretive side to online communication, however, where people can post their innermost thoughts anonymously. This anonymous form of communication became the premise for my novel. The Blog Affair is about a young woman, Emma, who writes an anonymous blog about her relationship/dating experiences.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Anne Hathaway and Simon Baker (with darker hair)
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Emma Bradshaw has a pattern for falling for unsuitable men and starts a blog about these so-called “serial datists”, but when an anonymous male reader of Emma’s blog challenges her on her ideas about men, Emma realises she must confront her past before love can blossom again in her future.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
My book is being published in August by Decadent Publishing/Bono Books.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A few bad dating experiences!
10. What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
It’s set in Cape Town, one of Africa’s most beautiful cities.
I am passing the baton in this Blog Hop on to authors Annie Seaton and Eva Lefoy.